It's a lonely life...that of the necromancer, er freelancer

A blog by a designer and illustrator, for designers and illustrators which may contain musings on art, movies and random weirdness.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Winter Sketch

With winter quickly approaching, and in eager anticipation of the holidays, I decided to do a pen and ink and marker sketch of an idea that I have had in my head for a while.  I love that late afternoon light in the fall, just before the sun goes down, when the tops of trees and buildings are bathed in an orange glow, and the base of the building is in a blue or purple shadow.



















I wanted to incorporate that into a sketch of a fantasy couple greeting people as they arrive at heir home, a stone tower, to join with them in a winter feast.

Here is the black and white sketch:



















Here is the colored version:


















I may want to do this as a series showing the interior of the tower hall with the festivities in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment