It's a lonely life...that of the necromancer, er freelancer

A blog by a designer and illustrator, for designers and illustrators which may contain musings on art, movies and random weirdness.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Watercolor Portrait of Amy


Last Saturday, after a busy week of work, my wife and I packed up a picnic lunch and a blanket and traveled up to Maudsley State Park in Newburyport, MA, to commune with nature and enjoy the great weather. We found a nice little grove of pines and spread out our blanket and lay down under the trees and sky . It was sunny, clear and warm and you could look up at the sky and be perfectly comfortable. I brought along my Windsor Newton watercolor kit, and did a quick watercolor sketch of my wife. She said its the best likeness I've done of her so far. I'll let you be the judge.

2 comments: