It's a lonely life...that of the necromancer, er freelancer

A blog by a designer and illustrator, for designers and illustrators which may contain musings on art, movies and random weirdness.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Wrath Painting

The church I attend, Highrock Northshore, http://www.highrocknorthshore.org/ is doing a sermon series called "Lent, The Vector of Vices and Virtues". It is covering the classic seven deadly sins; Pride, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, and Anger (or wrath). I was asked, along with several other artists, to pick one of the sins and do a piece of artwork that would be my interpretation of that sin.
I chose wrath. Anger is something I can understand on a visceral level, since I grew up with a father who had a hair-trigger temper, and I have had issues with that myself. The above image is what I came up with. A quick, acrylic painting on paper of an extremely pissed-off wolf. This is what anger feels like to me. Irrational, unreasoning, destructive.


No comments:

Post a Comment